Monday 9 February 2009

Welcome!

Assalamwalikum (peace be upon you) and welcome to Hijabi in the City!

As the blog name suggests I am a Muslimah living in London- one of the fashion capitals of the world! This blog is about anything relevant to Muslimahs living in London including fashion. In terms of fashion this blog aims to be a useful tool for Muslim women (and non-Muslims) who wish to dress modestly but remain fashionable!

I also really wanted to create a portal for women who wear hijab to help them find material, ready-made hijabs and discover new ways of wearing hijab. As someone who decided to wear hijab later in life, (I put on hijab 4 years ago alhumdulillah), I found it difficult to know where to begin- I didn't even know how to put hijab on! After 4 years I now know various styles, techniques and the best places to buy hijabs. Inshallah (God willing) other Muslimahs will be able to learn from this blog and benefit from my hijab-wearing years of wisdom!

To devote oneself to Allah SWT (worshipping God) is the main goal of this life- but if knowing how to wear hijab so you feel comfortable and confident helps you to put it on then this site has acheived its aim!

If you have any questions about hijab just let me know, I would be more than happy to help!

Walikumasalam

Beautiful Patience


P.S. I am grateful to realise that sisters have been inspired by this blog but please sisters- contribute here if you wish and I will give you credit for your work- rather than begin blogs with very similar names and very similar concepts...jazakallahkhai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a message and tell me what you think of my blog!